Conversion kit for the MX-5 ND1 to be able to adjust the steering column axially as well as horizontally. Ideally suited for people who would like to bring their steering wheel closer to themselves in order to feel more comfortable in the MX-5 ND1. The steering column of the MX-5 ND G184 is used for this, since it already has the axial adjustment.
The kit contains the following components:
- Steering column MX-5 ND G184
- Extended cable harness from the MX-5 ND G184, otherwise the axial adjustment will tear the shorter cable out of the connector
- Bracket for the new wiring harness
The following steps are necessary for installation:
- Disconnect the battery
- Airbag disassembly
- Dismantling the steering wheel
- Disassembly of the steering column cover
- Dismantling the steering wheel lock (here the screws must be knocked down with a hammer and chisel and then replaced with suitable screws)
- Disassembly wiring harness
- Disassembly of steering column fastening screws
- Disassembly of the steering column to the steering gear
- Installation in reverse order
No lift is required to remove and install the steering column, the complete assembly is done from above in the interior.